Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.
25541092

If my boyfriend smokes every night, can that affect me

If my boyfriend smokes weed every night, can that affect me trying to get pregnant?
Him smoking weed every night, will that affect the fetus and the development of the unborn child? I have read alot of reviews on this topic but i need to be sure. I personally do not and i have never done drugs
Kindly advise.
Expert:  Ken replied 2 years ago.
I do understand your concern.
Passive inhalation of the smoke is harmful too. Repeated inhalation can affect the baby too. It can lead to low weight baby or can lead to preterm delivery or even sudden infant death {rare though}.
Apart from this other effects also worry me. You will be emotionally stressed out during pregnancy and your partner {considering him to be addict} may not be able to give you needed emotional support. This can indirectly harm the baby.
Next step - Discuss this with your partner and tell him how this will harm him and your unborn baby. Avoid passive inhalation of smoke.
Wish you well.
Best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well, iTS not much as passive as he never does not smoke it THE house. My worry is does it affect his sperm or hormones? How Will this affect THE fetus. He smokes just before he goes to bed, next day ge is up running THE business without any Side effects
Expert:  Ken replied 2 years ago.
Liz,
I am happy that he does not smoke at home. I do not see any chance of passing this through the genes or sperms. This will not affect the genes sure.
Best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Oh ken, i have a healthy 7 yr old daughter and i just wanted to make sure that it would NOT pass thru THE genes. I have heard cases of Kids being diagnosed with ADHD....
So, just to be clear....THE baby would be healthy in this regard? No chances of cot deaths or other?
Sorry ken, am 37 yrs and my click is ticking....i just want to be thorough
Please confirm
Expert:  Ken replied 2 years ago.
Liz,
Please calm down.
This will not pass through the genes to the baby. His sperms will not be affected nor will there be any hormonal change due to father smoking weed.
Take care of yourself and do not be emotionally stressed out. This would be harmful for the baby rather than genes or sperms.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thankyou very much ken. Very pleased with your help.
Expert:  Ken replied 2 years ago.
Good Luck Liz.
:)
Do consider to rate the answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Question Ken, is this a one time subscription( €28) or am i open to ask other medical questions
Expert:  Ken replied 2 years ago.
Liz,
You need to contact technical guys to find out details regarding this {what subscription you have opted for}. It is not possible for me to see the details of it.