Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I had the Whipple five years ago. Does the place where the

I had the Whipple five years ago. Does the place where the Whipple was done leave a hard spot?also had a hernia operation with mesh installed right by the Whipple sight. Diagnosed in Dec with stage two diabetes and have lost nineteen lbs on my new diabetic diet. Wonder if that makes the Whipple spot stand out more cause I was over weight and had a thick waist. Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Hi--can you tell me more about this hard spot?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is where my Whipple incision is, does not cause any pain when touched or pushed down on.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--How large is it and can you push in into your abdomen or does it seem stuck where it is? And how long have you had it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
For 50.00 I got no answer. Is this sight a scam?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I haven't given you and answer as yet because I need more information please. Again, can you tell me how large it is and whether it can be pushed into your abdomen? And it would also help to know how long you've had it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just noticed it after the weight loss I told you about. Can push it but it dosen't disappear internally.About the size of a lime
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. We can continue after this but there are two possibilities here. Of course this could be scar tissue in the area of the incision that just wasn't noticeable until you lost the weight. The other possibility would be an incisional hernia even though you had mesh placed there. The scar tissue is much more likely but a mesh can tear sometimes. The best thing to do is have your doctor take a look at this and I would get a ct scan of your abdominal wall to see whether it's scar tissue or a hernia.