Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

The muscles in my face have dropped. You can see my scull shape

Customer Question

The muscles in my face have dropped. You can see my scull shape the side of my face. My cheeks are flat and I have jowls. I lost a stone last summer and used the cross trainer. Is this muscle damage?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

this is most likely not muscle damage.

Dr. David :

when you loose weight, you can loose weight in your face as well.

Dr. David :

can you upload a photo of your face so I can see what you are talking about?

Dr. David :

here are instructions to upload a photo

Dr. David :

type a word in the textbox and highlight it

then select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpg

this opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswer

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

this is most likely not muscle damage.

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

here are instructions to upload a photo

Dr. David :

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. We can continue after this if you'd like. This sounds more like a loss of facial fat rather than muscle damage but it may not be due only to the stone of weight you lost. This could be either a thyroid problem or a low cortisol problem or perhaps a vitamin deficiency but you need to have a doctor check it out.
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience: 20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Let me know if you have other questions
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Could the gross trainer make the muscles in your face drop, or facial fat. With the grafity.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No, not to the extent you describe
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I remember going on the cross trainer and I could feel my face drop when I got off. Could this be truma with the grafty going up and down. I had a round face with no jowls or flat cheeks, before I used the cross trainer. Over a few months my face gradualy dropped.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
You opened a new page and I responded to you there so let's continue on that new page