Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

, I had a lung embolisation on Sunday to stood me coughing

Hi, I had a lung embolisation on Sunday to stood me coughing up blood. I have sarcoidosis which left me with cavities and Aspergilloma which is causing the coughing up of blood. The precedure seems to have been a success. But every since my resting BPM is in the 40s. All my other vitals are good. My resting BPM used to be mid 70s. I've been told to monitor my BPM and if it drops below 40 I should go to hospital. I feel light headed and dizzy when I stand up my BPM does increase but I feel a lot more dizzy.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Dr Uzair :

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

Dr Uzair :

Are you still coughing out blood?

Customer: Any advice would be great
Customer: No not coughing up blood
Dr Uzair :

Alright, are you on any medication after the procedure?

Customer: For 2 only steroids
Customer: Then I started and antifungal
Dr Uzair :

Okay, and your pulse is 40 with dizziness and lightheadedness?

Customer: Yes that's is correct and I have had steroids for years so shouldn't be side effects
Dr Uzair :

No, what is your blood pressure? Have you been monitoring it?

Customer: Yes blood pressure in good range 125/67
Dr Uzair :

Okay, that is reassuring.

Dr Uzair :

Chest pain?

Customer: Oxygen levels also good ranging from 95-99
Dr Uzair :

Pain in the arm?

Customer: My left arm has had a weak pain. Like a dead arm but doesn't hurt. Goes up into shoulder. Slight chest discomfort but again not pain
Customer: But I did have a line embolisation. They blocked 3 arteries 1 big one on my right side and 2 on my left
Customer: Sorry iPhone. I meant a lung embolisation
Dr Uzair :

Okay, well I would suggest that you go to the ER or an Urgent care to get an EKG done. The thing that comes to mind is air embolism since, that can manifest as angina (chest discomfort, arm pain, paraesthesias, dizziness, lightheadedness, bradycardia (pulse lower than 60 BPM) with the blood pressure being normal.

Customer: I have also had an ECG which shows everything fine just my BPM was 49
Dr Uzair :

Did you have the EKG while having these symptoms?

Customer: I'm not sure if an ECG which we have in England is the same as EKG But yes I was having the Same symptoms
Dr Uzair :

Yes, that is the same thing.

Customer: Ok. Then yes. I've had 3. All show normal beats just slow
Dr Uzair :

Okay, the symptoms that you currently have should not be ignored and they necessitate a complete evaluation, serial blood pressure and pulse monitoring with an Echocardiogram and on an ECG monitor for a while. Arterial Blood gas analysis as well.

Dr Uzair :

The dizziness and the lightheadedness is what concerns me, obviously because you just had an embolization done.

Customer: Ok thank you Doctor
Dr Uzair :

It is a pleasure. Let me know what your physician diagnoses. I shall be grateful if you follow up.

Customer: Yes the dizzness is really off putting and makes me anxious. But doesn't increase my BPM
Customer: Thank you I will. Regards Stewart
Dr Uzair :

You never know the dizziness is because of something trivial like a benign paroxysmal positonal vertigo (BPPV) but an evaluation is warranted nonetheless.

Dr Uzair :

Thank you Stewart.

Dr Uzair :

Please do leave a positive rating for the service.

Dr Uzair :

Best wishes and good luck!