Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I was told by a doctor this morning that I had bursitis

Customer Question

hi I was told by a doctor this morning that I had bursitis of the left elbow,the swelling has got worse and I am now feeling pain in my lower arm and hand,6 weeks ago my left ankle swollen up quite badly I was told it was cout could the two be related
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

the two sites can be related if you have gout or excessive uric acid in your blood system and in your joints.

Dr. David :

only a blood test can check your uric acid levels to see if you might have gout.

Dr. David :

but if you don't have gout, and if you just have bursitis in your left elbow, most likely it is not related to your left ankle which can be from a blood clot or arthritis or gout or synovial cyst or something else

Dr. David :

you should see your doctor again to get more testing of your elbow and ankle and blood test to check for infection and gout and xrays of both sites to check for arthritis.

Dr. David :

let me know if you have questions.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

let me know if you have questions.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
thanks for the postive

my contact information is below

thanks for using JustAnswer.com
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi 14 yrs ago i had 2 new hips because of a,c,n as im sure you can understand when ever i get a pain in a joint i worry

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
yes, I can under stand your worry.

I don't think the joint pains are related.

let me know if you have other questions