DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My sister in law looked after an elderly relative with shingles

My sister in law looked after an elderly relative with shingles for a day just over three weeks ago. She did not come into contact with the blisters. She has had chicken pox as a child and I have not seen her since but my partner who also had chicken pox as a child has spent a lot of time with her and me. I also had chicken pox My niece is 37 weeks pregnant and I want to make sure it is safe to visit her. She has had chicken pox too. My sister in law is well and has not had any illness since the visit to the elderly relative.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
You do not catch shingles.
Is that your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, I just want to be sure that I cannot pass the virus 'third hand' to my pregnant niece.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
No
Not if she has had chicken pox.
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.