Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My cheeks are flat and side off face, after rapid weight loss.

My cheeks are flat and side off face, after rapid weight loss. Will this plumb up if I gain alittle weight. Can you lose muscle fat when you lose weight.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Dr Uzair :

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

Dr Uzair :

Is there any loose skin on your face after the weight loss?

Dr Uzair :

Please enter chat and use reply to respond.

Customer:

Yes the side of my face I use to have a round face now its square and goes in at the sides, like my skull shape..

Dr Uzair :

Alright, after massive weight loss, the skin does not go back as fast as the fat has burnt, this causes the skin to hang down the side of the face due to gravity and loss of elasticity. It takes about 6 months for the skin to tag it self back. Eventually, most of the skin will go back however, if there is still some redundant skin left that is hanging, then you will have to resort to various therapies/treatments or interventions.

Dr Uzair :

Depending on the redundancy of the skin and chemical peeling and laser can be used for minimal redundancy, if the skin is still hangs then nothing short of a face lift will benefit you.

Customer:

Yes the side of my face goes in like my skull shape. I use to have a round face now its square. Will my face fill out at the sides.

Dr Uzair :

Its not filling that is required, the laxity of the skin is the cause of the square shape. '

Dr Uzair :

It should take about 6 months to get back, if it doesn't then you will need to seek out a consultation with a Dermatologist for facial rejuvenation therapy.

Dr Uzair :

Do you have more queries?

Customer:

Can gravity from a gross trainer going up and down drop your face musckeswith the truma,

Dr Uzair :

No, muscles are not so much under the influence of gravity and facial muscles do become lax with your age, so I doubt that the changes in your face are due to the gross trainer / trauma or gravity acting on the muscles. In your case, the obvious cause is skin redundancy due to the fat burning and this is a common occurrence in massive weight loss.

Dr Uzair :

*correction: lax at your age

Dr Uzair :

Are you there?

Customer:

lCan gravity from a cross

Customer:

Hi you are good better then the other exoerts.

Dr Uzair :

I appreciate that, thank you very much.

Customer:

Sorry my jeys on my comouter are not working.

Dr Uzair :

That's alright.

Customer:

Can you lift jowls if your 40. Through excercise.

Dr Uzair :

Not exactly. The jowls can go back themselves if they are due to massive weight loss (MWL), this takes 6 months to one year and if they don't go back to the extent that you want them to, then you will need some kind of intervention.