Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

My navel is bleeding

Customer Question

My navel is bleeding
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort due to bleeding from navel.I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions:
Any bleeding or discharge from within belly button is almost always a sign of an infection.Most probably you have an infection in belly button because the navel doesn't get much air and traps moisture, heat and bacteria. Both bacterial and sometimes fungal infections are common.
You may need oral antifungal &/or antibiotic medication.
Till than apply ointment containing clotrimazole+betamethasone.It is available at the counter(OTC) without the prescription.
If still after this,the symptoms persists,then you need to consult your doctor for the prescription of oral anti fungal & antibiotic medication accordingly.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Thank you *****
Dr. Robert