Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I know a buddhist monk living in south india where the medical

I know a buddhist monk living in south india where the medical treatment seems quite poor. He recently told me he experiences pain in his lower back and waist fairly regularly. He has experienced blood in his urine from overexertion twice. He has also been suffering from a general sense or tiredness and lack of energy for the past few years. He is in his early twenties and has a mainly vegetarian diet
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of the discomfort of this buddhist monk. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions:
The symptoms you have described about buddhist monk living in South India-pain in his lower back and waist,blood in urine,general sense of tiredness and lack of energy is most likely due to kidney stone.
It is usually caused by stones in the kidney or renal pelvis. The pain is caused by dilatation, stretching and spasm of the ureter.
Other less probable causes are:bladder stones,infection of the bladder,,kidney, or urethra,UTI,inflammation of prostate gland.
He need tests like:urinalysis,urine culture & sensitivity test,kidney x-ray.
So for confirmation,I advice for him to make an appointment with his urologist doctor to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.
Till than he can take tab. Ibuprofen 400mg from the counter. It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help him greatly in pain relief.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Thank you *****
Dr. Robert