DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My periods have. Been regular all my life and the last 2, months

My periods have. Been regular all my life and the last 2, months I have had nofhing. Yesterday I had a bit of bleeding and then nothing and today I have had a clot and bleeding. There is no chance of me being pregnant and j have no pain. I have seen my go today and I am having a blood test tomorrow.to check my hormone levels. My mum was 45 when she had the pre menopause and I.am that age now. I have day and night sweats and I feel tearful and have mood swings. Could I be going through the pre menopause? Please help. Kind regards maria
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Yes
This type of change can mean early menopause.
However, you need to be up to date on pelvic and pap exams.
Other things that can cause bleeding at the wrong time...fibroids as one example.
So can
thyroid disease
liver or kidney disease
The vast majority of cases are hormonal....such as premenopause or simply hormonal fluctuation for any reason.
Make sure you follow up with all of this with your doctor.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.