DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

On Saturday I started with a sore throat and took paracetamol

Customer Question

On Saturday I started with a sore throat and took paracetamol and tyrozets. Over the B. H. weekend I got worse and was bad with head and ear ache, throat closing up very great difficulty swallowing. On Tuesday went to the WIC and was told it was Quinsy, given antibiotics and told if it got any worse to go to A&E. I duly took and am continuing to take the antibiotics. however yesterday morning I was cleaning my teeth and a load of green pus came out of my mouth. when it stopped I gargled with salt water and tried to get an appointment with my GP to make sure everything was now OK, Unable to do as GP on duty doing double surgery due to holidays. Although my throat is not getting worse it is still sore
with earache and a feeling of debility, I don't want to bother A&E unneccessarily is there any advice tou could give me please
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
If it is not noticeably better within one week there is a problem, for example, the wrong or ineffectual antibiotic.
Strep throat is not something to fool around with.
Go back if needed: not unnecessary.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.