Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have high blood pressure, it varies from 140/85 to 135/85

I have high blood pressure, it varies from 140/85 to 135/85 I stopped my candasartan pill for a couple of weeks, and on measuring my pressure this evening it was 203/103 and dropped to 195/95 I hate the side effects the pills give me, is there anything you can suggest that is natural remedy and will lower my pressure?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
Thanks for this question
That blood pressure is extremely high.
You need to be on something but maybe I can recommend another pill.
What side effects of candesartan don't you like?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there, This is very high blood pressure --dangerously high. Can cause stroke or heart attack.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Can also cause kidney failure. Please do not experiment with high blood pressure. You need to go to the local hospital now.There are better medications like amlodipine or labetalol or hydrochlorothiazide for example and many more.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Natural supplements are not going to help with such a high blood pressure. Please go to the local hospital now for further management. You will need EKG, blood tests to check kidney function as kidney problem is the common cause of sudden high blood pressure. Best wishes, It was my pleasure to help you today. I am Dr Basu experienced in Metabolic Diseases.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5 stars).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions! This is the link to my profile: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience: MD