Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I WAS ADMINISTERD 100MG HALEPARELDOL IM, WITH OUT SIde EFFECT

I WAS ADMINISTERD 100MG HALEPARELDOL IM, WITH OUT SIde EFFECT INJECTION AND IT GAVE My eyes and completely changed my heart shape face to an egg flat one too, in January 2014. it SHRUNK my eyes into CIRCULAR EYES RATHER THAN MY USUAL HORIZONTAL SLANTY EYES SHAPE, and a protruding jawline, which pushed out my dentition and has completely given me an unrecognising look of myself. WHAT CAN I DO TO RECTIFY THIS.WHEN NEW PEOPLe SEE ME, THEY THINK, I AM GULPING AT THEM, BUT IT IS THE HORRENDOUS SIDE EFFECT OF THe ANTIPSYCHOTIC, HOW i get my nice eyes back and with what medication.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--could you post a photo of your face on this page?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have got apicture but need to get it from folder,could you tell me how to put it in the reply.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Either use the paper clip icon on this page or you can post it at Imageshack, Photobucket or Snapfish and give me the link
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

do bear with me , the pix is on the other lap top and battery is gone weak, can I SEND IT AS SOON AS I CAN

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No problem at all--take your time
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

okay, you have to go with my description, cant do it, I mean attach it. just help me please.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
That's OK but first tell me--why did you get the haloperidol injection and have you seen a doctor about your face problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Right, I wish I cud seend the picture. however, cut along story short, it was forced upon me, even whwn I didnt need it, i.e, the psychiatrist, thought I had a mental haelth problem. told my doctor, she is oblivious to it all, in the sense that, she says , she cant see it, howevet being presribed anti histamines, which clearly did not help. if I cud show you the before and after pics, I would.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--have you had your thyroid function and cortisol levels checked?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

all done, not a problem. I told you, what, it was, the minute, the injection was given, I noticed the changes.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well, even if there didn't seem to be a problem do you know what your TSH level was?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

well, I do not know, the values, but I am telling you, I even did, kidney, liver, the whole works, everything good. just need to sort this out, it is frustsrating for me, to see this. done all my reserch about haleparidol, seen the pics of patients that have taken it, . I know it is the injection, prior to that, was looking fine.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK We can continue after this if you'd like but if this was directly from the injection it sounds as though you have an unusual case of tardive dyskinesia and for that the treatment would be clonazepam, methyldopa, or clonidine. If your psychiatrist won't consider all this and prescribe one of those for you hopefully your GP will.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hwta is clonezepam, methlydopa and clonidine

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Clonazepam is a bezodiazepine, methyldopa is a type of neurotransmitter that is also used in conditions like Parkinson's disease and restless leg syndrome, and clonidine is a centrally acting high blood pressure medication but it is effective with tardive dyskinesia
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

td , I believe is to do with tongue rolling, which I havent got, and clonazepam, i BELIVE FOR ANXIETY. METHLLOPA FOR HBP? HAVENT GOT THAT. SO IF IAM TAKING ANYTHING i PROBABLY OPT FOR CLONAZEPAM, SO HOW DOES THAT RID ME OF THIS MUNGO LIKE FEATURES, THAT i NEVER HAD, AND SECONDLY, HOW LONG DO i TAKE IT FOR.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
It will effective treat all the changes you described and you'd need to take it for at least three months.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

THREE MONTHS? WHY THREE MONTHS? COULD YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN THE CHANGES THAT WOULD HAPPEN IF i TAKE THE CLONAZEPAM? IE, WOULD MY FEATURES BE RESTORED. OH, BY THE WAY I am astudent, dont wana be sleepy.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well, it may only take a month and at the right dosage it won't make you sleepy. And it should return you features--all of the abnormalities--back to normal after perhaps two weeks but even so I'd keep you on it for at least two months
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what dosage, please, need to show this to my psychiatrist, as I have got ameeting next week friday.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
0.25 mg twice a day would be my prescription. Let me know how it goes for you and please remember to rate my service to you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

wuld it work , with clonazepam, as I suppose, is what am going for. yes would gladly tell you, should i just go to this web site and ask for Dr chip.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Yes it will work. You can rate this page and then you can get back to me using this link

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-doctorchip

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

bearing in mind, its almost ayear, would t, still be effective, and would it sort out the protruding mouth and how do I tell you my progress, hopefully.sori for the pessimism, at the end of my tether. do I just use the wb site, and ask for dr chip.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I understand. It will still be effective even after all this time. It will take care of the eyes and the protruding mouth and again you can either ask a new question by starting out with "For Dr Chip only" or you can use the link I gave you above. Let's close this page for now though with a rating please
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience: 20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

well, you dont have to ask for it, i,ll give to you any ways. my smily face, is at no 2, but its being put at no 4, and thats what you re getting. thanks anyway, hope to tell you the good news, god bye, miss x.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Thanks and let me hear back from you