DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

ear, nose and throat problems

ear, nose and throat problems
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Particularly in the case of deafness, you need to see an otolaryngologist [ear nose and throat specialist.]
Do not wait on this, get the referral.
Deafness can be permanent.
While this might be infection, rarely, a type of tumor can cause this picture.
You need an MRI at this point.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yeah that is what the doctor at the hospital said. I do agree (obviously) but it was some immediate help to get me through the next fortnight (until I can see my doctor) that I wanted. I am obviously in the process of changing my doctor as even emergency appointments are no longer available and I now think it would be useless going to a walk in centre (they would tell me to go to my doctor and ask for a referral).

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
We do not treat or diagnose on this site.
There is no over the counter or home remedy to help in this situation.
The situation is an emergency by definition.
The immediate help would be to go back to emergency, insist that they call the ENT doctor on call, and have them see you now.
OK, so that is an initial answer….