Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I am experiencing a high level of noise in my L ear after losing

Customer Question

I am experiencing a high level of noise in my L ear after losing my voice ten or so days ago. It is really loud! I am having trouble sleeping and am now exhausted. I had a very quick appointment with my doctor last Tuesday (he bascically just checked for infection) he said I was congested and to let it work itself out. I was in such a state by Thursday I went to A&E and the doctor prescribed antibiotics and ear drops (anti inflammatory and antibiotic). I am getting worse not better and I will not be able to see my doctor until next week as that is how it is at my (soon to be changed) surgery. I believe that if I go back to a&e or a wic they will just say to wait for doctor but I can't! I am now feeling as if I have had just about enough really. What can you advise?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
still need help?
You need to go back to the doctor and get some oral steroids
This would help hopefully
prednisone for 5-6 days is what I would likely use