Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I'm having problems with my testicals when at work my testicals

I'm having problems with my testicals when at work my testicals shink and go into grone but after shower and relaxing in chair then hang nicely but when I get up they go tight again thanks
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Dr Uzair :

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

Dr Uzair :

You have recently noticed this?

Dr Uzair :

Please join the chat and use reply to respond.

Customer:

Dr Uzair :

Hello.

Dr Uzair :

So, have you recently noticed this?

Customer:

No been happening for a while

Dr Uzair :

Alright. Any other symptoms? Pain in the testicles? Lower abdomen?

Customer:

started as dull ache in right testical and groin but moved to left testical now

Dr Uzair :

Okay, does it hurt when you cough?

Customer:

yes I little bit but more of a ache and my scrotum in tight to

Dr Uzair :

Okay, although contraction and expansion of the scrotum is a natural phenomenon and occurs for temperature regulation of the testicles to promote sperm formation.

Dr Uzair :

The scrotum contracts during the cold and expands in hot environments.

Dr Uzair :

This occurs due to the cremaster muscle and the dartos fascia in the scrotum.

Dr Uzair :

If you think your scrotum is shrinking with more frequency or abnormally, this can be due to spasms of the cremasteric muscle and there are reasons for this.

Customer:

Yes I now thanks but why do my testicals go in groin is there a operation

Dr Uzair :

Tension, anxiety, stress etc.

Customer:

What are the symptoms of tension

Dr Uzair :

The testicles have naturally descended from near the kidneys to the scrotum and the path they follow is through the inguinal canal in the groin, that is where the spermatic cord is situated as well and there is nothing there that can stop the testicles from going in the groin. This happens with almost everyone.

Dr Uzair :

When ever the scrotum shrinks, the testicles go in the groin - this area is known as the superficial inguinal ring. In some individuals the ring is too wide and allows the testicles to pass through it.

Dr Uzair :

And this is not something you should be concerned about unless the testicles go in the groin and don't come out.

Customer:

I can push them out so what do you think I should do driving my mad

Dr Uzair :

Tension symptoms - fear, cold sweats, confusion, irritability, change of bowel movements, change in dietary habits, anger etc.

Dr Uzair :

You are thinking too much about this. This is not an abnormality or dysfunction. This is normal.

Customer:

O and what do the testicals do if I have tension

Dr Uzair :

Its not the testicles that are at fault. Its the muscles in the scrotum that are over reacting.

Dr Uzair :

Stress can cause muscle spasms.

Customer:

I have a ultrasound on the 5 May just one more will this effect my sperm

Dr Uzair :

Not likely, since the scrotum seems to be working alright and is doing its job.

Customer:

Ok it's just on my mind all the time as me and my partner are trying for a family

Dr Uzair :

Relax. I think you are getting overtly concerned.

Dr Uzair :

Change in scrotal size off and on is normal and will not cause infertility or a low sperm count.

Customer:

but my testical but ok but my testical go inside this is what I can't get my head around and its Uncomfortable

Dr Uzair :

You can pay a visit to the Urologist to get this evaluated. That will be diagnostic as well as give you peace of mind.

Customer:

Can you do that without see a gp

Dr Uzair :

Not exactly, if you want NHS to cover this, then you will need to go through a GP.

Customer:

Ok thankyou but what I have told you you think it is normal

Dr Uzair :

Yes, this doesn't seem to be a concern.

Dr Uzair :

Please do leave a positive rating for the service.

Dr Uzair :

I shall be grateful.

Customer:

I will just one more with tension what should a expect my testicals to do

Dr Uzair :

Like I told you. The testicles are never directly affected.

Dr Uzair :

It is always the scrotum (the sac in which the testicles are present) that shrinks due to the muscle contraction.

Dr Uzair :

Do you have more queries?

Customer:

just worried and won't the pain to go and my balls to be right

Dr Uzair :

It will.

Dr Uzair :

Keep yourself hydrated.

Dr Uzair :

Use Tylenol or Paracetamol for the pain as required.

Dr Uzair :

And avoid stress.

Dr Uzair :

Wear loose boxers or drawers instead of tight under garments.

Customer:

Ok will back problems coz this

Dr Uzair :

Yeah, they can, if the nerves to the muscles are impinged.

Customer:

Ok thankyou so much

Dr Uzair :

It was a pleasure.

Dr Uzair :

Please do leave a positive rating for me.

Dr Uzair :

Best wishes.

Dr Uzair :

Are you there>

Customer:

Forgot to say testicals move around a lot

Dr Uzair :

That is also normal. Everybody's testicles move around when the scrotum is relaxed.

Customer:

Ok thanks bye

Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.