Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

managed to cover myself in a chemical spillage at work and

managed to cover myself in a chemical spillage at work and didn't seek any treatment, unfortunately this went round my private areas and when ever I get dehydrated the base of penis becomes red and dry, if I apply cream or moisturiser it gets better until I go out and drink again? chemical was like a ink stripper
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

ink strippers most likely are made up of organic solvants

you need to see a doctor or urologist to get that skin evaluated under your penis.

drinking alcohol can dehydrate you

the skin under your penis could have become damaged by the chemical

you might need wound care cream like silvadine ointment or mediHoney ointment to help the skin there heal.

you might need to avoid dehydration when you go out and drink and drink a glass a water in between alcohol drinks to stay hydrated.

how many drinks do you drink when you go out drinking.

are you willing to cut down on your drinking?
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board Certified Physician
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. While this may have started with the spill, I don't think that's what's going on now. This may be a recurring fungal infection but it could also be a recurring eczema problem. I'd suggest you have a doctor take a look and you might need either prescription ketoconazole cream or perhaps tactrolimus cream.