Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

there, can u tell me what medical termination of pregnancy

Hi there, can u tell me what medical termination of pregnancy 6 +3 means please
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.

This was probably referring to the dates of the pregnancy, but I could be more certain if I could know the context.

What was the context in which this was said or written?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It says main diagnosis medical termination of pregnancy 6+3. I found this letter while tidying the house, I remember my girlfriend having a day off on this date and it worried me. I just want to understand it

A medical termination is the formal term for an abortion. It does not specify the reason for the abortion, such as whether it is done because of personal preference or a health issue of the mother or infant.

The “6 + 3” is usually referring to the dates of the pregnancy. When ascertaining the age of the pregnancy, it is expressed in weeks and days, or abbreviated into the numbers equivalent to those time periods. So, 6 + 3 means that the pregnancy was 6 weeks and 3 days old at that time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

her periods have been abit all over the place for quite a while so she's bin the docs about them, are the two connected at all or is this just a case of had sex and got pregnant and didn't want it

The fact that her periods are all over the place may make it challenging to become and to avoid pregnancy, but it would not change the meaning of the terms in this letter.

It certainly could be true that she got pregnant and did not want it, but as I noted above, the term does not differentiate the situation in which the pregnancy is terminated because she did not want to be pregnant from the situation in which there is a termination of the pregnancy because of a health issue of the mother or infant.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I agree, the thing is we haven't had sex since Christmas so it means she's had it with someone else doesn't it, that wat I'm scared about

It would depend upon the date of the letter.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The date it says is 10 April

If the medical termination of a pregnancy that was 6 weeks and 3 days was done on April 10th, then yes, it would indicate that the sexual encounter that resulted in the pregnancy happened at least a couple months after Christmas.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Orite, so we're do I go from here I luv this girl so much

You need to talk to her about the issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How, wat if it splits us up

It is more likely to adversely affect the relationship if you do not talk about the issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is there someone I can talk 2 first, so I no wat 2 say

You cannot rely on another person to tell you what to say. You need to follow your own heart and mind and your knowledge of her to discuss a difficult topic. If you think that this relationship will progress into a long-term relationship, this will only be the first of many difficult conversations. If you are uncertain of your own heart and mind, then it would be reasonable to see a counsellor, but the counsellor will not tell you what to say, only will help you come to a better understanding of yourself. Similarly, if a couple have a hard time having these discussions, it may help to seek a counsellor together to facilitate communication. But most couples are able to have these discussions without seeing a counsellor.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

5 years we've bin together and I thought we were soul mates and she does this, do u think it's worth working it out with this hanging over my head or do I need to have the discussion with her

It is by having the discussion with her that you will be trying to work it out. Only you can judge whether the relationship is important enough to you for you to try to work it out, although it certainly sounds from your description that this relationship is that important to you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is but knowing wat she has dun I'm thinking it's maybe me. We both have busy jobs and sometimes are to tired for anything at nite as maybe alot of people are like the same. The question is could I get intermat with her knowing she's bin with someone else and why she strayed.

That is something that would need to be addressed as you talk with her about it. If you do not talk with her about it, it is more likely to adversely affect your relationship and the desire to become intimate.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm so sorry I think I clicked on the Not Satisfied button by accident, doctor love u have bin a tremendous help helping me understand this

I do not see any rating thus far, but another chance to perform a rating should occur after this response posts.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok Thanku again

You are most welcome.
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience: Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.