Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I do have a few medical condition one of which is Diverticulitis

I do have a few medical condition one of which is Diverticulitis and anoth being FM I am 78 and my GP will under no circumstances prescribe me sleeping tabs. It is sometimes 5am before I finally fall asleep for a couple of hours.I am thinking of buying Maleatonin online instead ofwhisky can you please advise me MD
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--before I answer can you tell me if you have any other medical conditions and what medications you take?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

High blood pressurs for which I take Ramipril ansd Dosulapin Tramadol for pain with 1 Amatriptaline for night pain from FM

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. There aren't any interactions between your meds and melatonin so it should be OK for you to try it for sleep and it can be very helpful. The standard dosage is 3 to 5 mg one half hour before bedtime. That said, with any supplements, I advise people to check with their doctors before taking them