Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I am currently being treated (6 weeks antiobiotics)

Customer Question

I am currently being treated for sinisitus (6 weeks antiobiotics) following a deviated septum. I now appear to be coming down with an uncontrollable mucus cough and a fever along with vomiting up mucus. My back and throat are very sore where I am constantly coughing and sometimes during a coughing fit I find it extremely difficult to breath, is this apart of the sinisitis or do I need to consult my doctor again?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.
This is part of the sinusitis but it appears the sinusitis is worsening and causing a lower respiratory tract infection because of the post nasal drainage. I would advise that you consult your doctor for this so that a chest x ray can be done and a sputum culture can be sent and the antibiotics changed according to the culture and sensitivity report. I would also advise that you start on steam nebulizations with menthol crystal four times a day 10 minute each session and cough the sputum out after each session.
You should also drink a lot of water to make up for water loss during the vomiting and the heavy breathing and also to keep the mucus less viscid.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
Let me know if you have any further concerns regarding this.
Best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you ever so much, I will take action upon the advice you have given.

Kind Regards,

Stephanie.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
It was a pleasure to help.
Please click on the stars (5 stars) on the top right corner of your page to give me rating so that I receive credit for my service.
I shall be grateful.
Best.