Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I had a pace maker inserted four weeks ago, and two weeks after

Customer Question

I had a pace maker inserted four weeks ago, and two weeks after the operation my left arm started to swell and it is getting worse in the last few days. I had an ECG, blood test and an X ray done at the A&E department at the Royal Free hospital last Tuesday. I was discharged on the same night and the emergency doctor confirmed that the ECG, the Blood test results and the X ray were good and did not show any clotting/DVT problem. My arm still swollen and since yesterday the area around my elbow became more swollen and I find it painful when I use my left hand. Please I need your advise.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

I think some of your left axilla lymph nodes could have been damaged in your pacemaker placement procedure.

this can cause lymphedema in your left arm. you should be seen an a lymphedema clinic there in the uk

you might need to eleavte your left arm up above your heart to decrease fluid edema buildup in your arm

also you could get a compression stocking customized for your left arm to help squeeze fluid out of your arm.

exercise and muscle contraction of your left arm can help push fluid out of your arm as well.

have you been elevating your left arm up over your heart on a pillow to help decrease swelling?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
thanks for accepting addional services.

my contact information is below

thanks for using JustAnswer.com
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. I live in London and I am not sure if you can contact me on my landline number.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
it is best for you to try to call me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I couldn't recognise the (607 ) code, please let me know where do you live, because I do not have access to international calls

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
I am in the USA
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry I will not be able to contact you because my mobile does not allow me to make international calls.

Please let me know if you can contact me otherwise I will not able to access the extra help, and I hope I will not have any financial obligation

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
you have to give me your contact information in the private contact information space.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can I know what time you will be able to call me.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
how about now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes very good thank you

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
I don't have your phone number.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

+44 ********** /p>

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
that is blocked out

all I see is

+44 ********** /p>

you nave to type your phone number in the "Enter private contact info" area below the chat box.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

447886795980

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
ok
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
that you for the chat

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com