DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My wife is a long term anorectic who is having chest pains

My wife is a long term anorectic who is having chest pains no energy swollen face. Long history of takings enology. I am really worried and want to see a specialist tomorrow. Do I take her to a cardiologist and if so how can I find one that understands the long term effects of anorexia please. I am very happy to pay privately and we are in central London. She is still in denial about the food issues but has been in recovery for alcohol and other substance abuse. I am pretty desperate and very worried.
Elaine
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Chest pains for any reason need an EKG now.
Not waiting.
You should take her to the ER now, and if she is OK, then arrange to see the specialist they recommend, based on exam and testing.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.