Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

, I have fibromyalgia and do not have any recognition for

Hi, I have fibromyalgia and do not have any recognition for that. Am I entitled to a diasbility certificate? What are my rights? What kind of support can I have at work and in my daily life?
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
what symptoms do you have?
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience: GP in the United States
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Fatigue, body stiffness. I cannot walk after sleeping. I need to move my feet and legs and crawl around until my legs work every morning. I have to get up half an hour earlier in order to achieve leg functioning before I go to work. My legs hurt a lot. Sitiing can be problematic. Lying down is better, but with the pain it is difficult to find the right position. Also my stomach cramps everytime I sleep. I wake up in the morning with severe pain from stomach and back muscle cramping. When I am able to walk and move then this goes away as well. My arms hurt too. My fingers are painful most of the time and they swell overnight. They feel numb in the morning. I have difficulty with everything I need to do with my hands. This impoves the more I move them during the day. But they never function as they did some years ago. Sometimes I am unable to make it out of the house. My thinking is also affected. I am slow and my brain is clouded. Sometimes this cloud does not go away for days, everything appears to be so unreal and I cannot connect to the life outside ot this cloud. I am a victim of domestic abuse and the stress of moving away and fighting for a new life made my condition so much worse.

I'm so very sorry for all of this
have you been tested for autoimmune disease like rheumatoid or lupus?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No. I was tested for the pressure points of fibromyalgia and they assessed my symptoms.

They need to test you for this. Fibro and lupus or rheumatoid can look like each other
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have no signs of any of them on the skin or joints. But I will speak to my GP about this. I still need to know what to do about disability, as my daily life is affected.

you absolutely would qualify.
I have many patients on disability
you need to contact a disability attorney
Customer: replied 1 year ago.