Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I used to take carcinosin 200c as prescribed by my

Customer Question

I used to take carcinosin 200c as prescribed by my homoeopath (who I no longer see)approx three years ago. I feel my cancer fears and other fears are getting out of control again and insomnia is ruining my life. Whilst looking for something else in my medicine box I came across the carcinosin and thought I needed to take it again but there is no dosage on the bottle. Please could you advise me how to start taking this again.
Melanie N
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

for carcinosin 200c, 3 to 6 pellets taken at one time is considered one dose.

I would start at 3 pellets twice a day and see how you do

do make sure to see your homeopathy for follow up and evaluation as well

let me know if you have questions.
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board Certified Physician
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. I have a much different opinion for you. First off, you really should check with your homeopathic doctor before taking the carcinosin. Secondly, the proper dose is only one pill and nothing more after that and then be reassessed by the homeopath in six weeks. Taking more than one pellet or pill is basically overdosing yourself and that can actually worsen your symptoms
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.

I am a classical homeopath and I have additional information for you.

I agree that typically, we would give carcinosinum once, and watch the response for a period of time. This might be 1 to 2 months.

Secondly, most homeopaths do not repeat nosodes such as carcinosinum if there is a better indicated polycrest, or "constitutional" remedy.

Thirdly, if we were to repeat it, a higher potency might be indicated, such as a 1M rather than a 200C.

Fourth: the fact that your symptoms came back might indicate the need for a much different remedy.

In fact, nosodes such as carcinosinum are often used to simply stimulate the case, so that the next remedy cures the problem once and for all.

At this point there are at least 129 remedies to consider in the differential, and this takes proper interview, exam, and repitorization.

Therefore, you should not take this on your own, you should consult with the previous homeopath, or a new one if you are unable to find the previous doctor.

The goal in homeopathy is to cure the individual long term, not treat a symptom.

These are not drugs, but, there is potential harm to overdosing on a nosode.

A> confuse the case.

B. Suffer un-needed aggravation of existing symptoms.

C. Causing a "proving" in which you develop new symptoms that then have to be removed.

You have good classical homeopaths in the UK Let me know if you need some contacts.