Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

i have a t11 spine fracture and am at heartlands hospital,

i have a t11 spine fracture and am at heartlands hospital, i have asked to be transffered to the queen elizabeth as they have a spinal unit but the docter said they wont except me can i move myself
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--are you asking if somehow you can transport yourself?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i want the hospital to send me the a more specialized unit but the docter said there is no need as they are talking to the unit for advice, but i dont feel i am getting the right care on this ward

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I understand David but what exactly is your question about this? And what kind of doctor is supervising your care?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its the ortopedicts team and they said i cant just move to another hospital . i want to know if i can insist on a transfer

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--yes you can David. That is definitely your right and if there is a problem you should talk to the hospital administrator and register a complaint
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thankyou the ward i am on have little staffing and i cannot move, i press the bell and no one comes so i end up in pain and soiling my bed and when they have to clean me the pain is terrible, i will ask my daughter to request to see the hospital adminastrator , can the other hospital refuse to take me as the docter said they would

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I don't think there'll be a problem with the other hospital accepting you David--your doctor is just tell you that so you won't raise a stink