Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I was diagnosed with trochanteric Bursitis which I have now

I was diagnosed with trochanteric Bursitis which I have now suffered with for 8 months I am finding it difficult to walk and some days cant walk at all I have never been sent for a cat scan or mri to determine if the cause has been a tear or an infection in the Bursitis, they tell you to lose weight but I have put on one and a half stone even although I am not eating more I suspect the fact that I cant get around is the cause of the weight increase, with the weight gain and lack of sleep due to the pain I don't know how much more I can take
regards
Liz
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-
Do you had history of an injury?
Do you have pain when you press on the outside of the hip?
I am waiting for your reply..
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have not had an injury but I do suffer from arthritis and yes it is painful when outside hip pressed I find when lying on the opposite side to sleep it becomes more painful and the pain has now progressed to my right buttock and if I carry anything by hand on the opposite side it is more painful and the limp becomes worse

Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.
Trochanteric bursitis is an irritation of the bursa, a fluid-filled sac that sits on top of the greater trochanter, a bony prominence on the outside of the hip bone.
The pain usually improves within a few weeks, but the swelling may take longer to completely disappear.
Most cases of bursitis improve without any treatment over a few weeks. As it has been 8 months now since you are diagnosed with Trochanteric bursitis & still have difficulty in walking & its painful when lying on the opposite side to sleep.
Considering your symptoms & the pain you are having when outside hip pressed is a characteristic symptom of Trochanteric bursitis.
Yes,you need an X-ray & MRI scan of hip to confirm & see if there is any complication.
Treatment includes physical therapy measures, analgesics, and local glucocorticoid/steroid injection or other procedures/treatment.
So for confirmation,I advice you to make an appointment with your ortho doctor to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Thank you *****
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience: M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician