Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My left eye has really been hurting past few days,

My left eye has really been hurting for the past few days, it feels swollen or bruised but it actually looks normal but it gets worse everyday and it's kinda causing my head to hurt.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.
The first thing to do is to get see your PCP and have an eye examination done which should include a retinoscopy. You also need to have your Intra ocular pressure checked which is done by a special gauge your PCP or GP might have in their office. If the intra ocular pressure and retinopathy show any abnomalities then the next step will be to have CT scan of the head with contrast done to rule out any space occupying lesion in the periorbital region or the brain. I would also suggest that you get this done as soon as possible since the eye is a very sensitive organ and the most trivial of causes if not treated on time can result in grievous consequences.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
Let me know if you have more concerns about this.
Best wishes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What could this possibly be though? Like what are the possibilities?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
The possibilities are many, and mentioning them without any insight and examination will only cause alarm and worry, so it is best not guess conditions and get a work up done.
However, the working diagnosis should be on glaucoma, optic neuritis and space occupying lesions in the periorbital or retrobulbar regions.
Best wishes.