Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have had stomach pain days not serious but across

Hi I have had stomach pain for three days not serious but across the front lower
Yesterday I was sick I haven't been since
This morning I have got dyoria
The pain has now moved to the right side
Still not serious but uncomfortable
My pain threshold is not high but I did have a bro***** *****d one day carried on work until the end of the day before I went to a and e
I'm male aged 47 I am 16 stone 5,10 but strong not all fat
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.

There are many possible causes of three days of abdominal pain. The most common cause of abdominal pain for three days is a viral infection of the gut, and when the pain is more mild, it is even more likely.

When there are associated urinary symptoms, then an infection of the urinary tract or prostate or kidney stones also should be considered. However, if the urinary symptoms are transient, this would be less of a concern.

If the pain was more severe, then other conditions would be more of a concern, such as appendicitis, but with mild pain, these would be less likely. A complete list of all the problems that can cause abdominal pain is lengthy, but at this point, it would be reasonable to manage it conservatively, with rest, increased fluids, and paracetamol/acetaminophen for relief of pain.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.