Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

, this is dad really. He has been to the doctor numerous

Hi, this is for my dad really. He has been to the doctor numerous times and seen various specialists ... he is 72 and has been fit all his life. He has had a cancerous growth removed from his lip but the problems started way before then. Sometime last year. He is far less fit than he is and tires quickly. I am basically wanting to know if there is a specialist place / doctor etc I can go to in London maybe who deals with general well-being, lots of experience etc ... he has been privately to Goring Hall but people are just hitting a brick wall ... many thanks
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
you're welcome
The correct doctor in the U.S. would be an internist. We are basically adult doctors that are trained in dealing with complex problems
In the UK, that would have to be someone like that.
Does he take any medicine or have any known problems?
has he had his heart or lungs checked?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Dr Phil

He takes blood pressure tablets and he has emphasyma (sorry about spelling) ... it isn't very bad, probably in early stages but he still smokes and has a hacking cough sometimes ... his lungs, apart from the emphasyma are clear, his heart is fine and has been tested for diabetes which is fine ... he is a light drinker.

Thanks Mitch.
I think all of this is probably related to progressive emphysema
He should see a pulmonologist or a lung doctor and quit smoking
Also, I would check on thyroid and anemia. This is simple blood work and is commonly off in the elderly
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)