Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

i am Florence and i am weaning myself of the quetaipine

Customer Question

Hello i am Florence and i am weaning myself of the quetaipine xl, which your company is helping me with gradually. I am taking procycliidine and want to wean myself off it and i want you to help me how to come of it. I take proclidine 5mg 4x a day, 5mg 9am, 5mg 1pm, 5mg 6pm and 5mg 10pm.I was taking procyclidine because of the depot injection i was taking but i am off that, so i want to come off it now,please help me to come off all of the procyclidine, thank you.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

I see you are taking quetiapine quetiapine is Seroquel and is not used for nervous break downs.

it is used for psychosis or patients who have schizophrenia who can see things which are not there or hear voices which are not there.

are you having symptoms where you are hearing voices which are not there are seeing things which are not there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I ask you to help me come off the procyclidine, which is anti side-effect, not the seroquel. I have already pay for the service so please help me for what i pay for. thank you

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
I see

procyclidine

http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/profs/datasheet/k/Kemadrintab.pdf

there is no set taper schedule which is better than others

your taper schedule off of the procyclidine should match your taper schedule of the quetiapine

if your taper of the quetiapine over 4 weeks, then the taper schedule for the procyclidine should also be over 4 weeks as well.

you can take away one of the 5mg pills every week.

so in 4 weeks you will be off of the procyclidine

do let your doctor know what you are doing with your medicaitons

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
do you have other questions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am on the 4 weeks of my tapper process of Seroquel xl. With the procyclidine you said that I should cut off 5mg of procyclidine every week, the matter is I take procyclidine 4x a day, which time of the day should I start to cut off, I take 5mg of procyclidine 9am in the morning, 5mg at 1pm in the afternoon, 5mg in the evening and 5mg 10pm at night. my question is which one should I start to cut off, thank you Florence

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
I would taper off of the last one each week.

so you are left on the last week just taking 5mg in the AM

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry i want you to know that i am taking Duloxetine 30mg gastro-resistant capsules anti- depresant as well and i want to come off it aswell as the other medications, by tapering it, please consider all the other medications tapering program, and guard me on how to taper the anti-depresant, i have been on the anti depressant for for2-3 months, please gaurd me. Florence

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
30mg of duloxetine is a low dose

you can decrease the dose down to 20mg pills for 3weeks and then stop them.

20mg capsule is the smallest pill they make.

you should let your doctor know you are trying to taper off of the duloxetine

you might need a prescription for the 20mg pills since you can't cut the 30mg capsules.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Sir, if someone says take medication every every third night of the week, does it means take the medication every 3 night in the week conservatory and stop and do the same the next week, and repeat three nights a week conservatory until you can stop?Florence

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Yes that is what that means