Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Last November I began to get an itchy inflamed rash on

Customer Question

Hi, last November I began to get an itchy inflamed rash on my hand, which looked like a heat rash. the rash then began to spread more or less all over my body. I was covered in red itchy lumps mostly on my hands, inner thighs, legs and arms. It quickly began to get that bad that I could not sleep at night from the continuous itching. I then went to the doctor who put it down to dermatitis and gave me a list of different moisturizers. None of these worked and then suddenly my partner confessed to being tormented with the itch as well, therefore it could not of been contagious. I went back to the doctor who then said it was Scabies, so myself, my partner and all family members were treated for scabies. The cream seemed to help for a few days, but without fail it returned. my partners itch seems to be gone but after two weeks of my last (fourth time) treatment for scabies, it has returned again, and I am desperate to get an answer as to what is happening with my skin. Would love to hear an opinion from someone with great knowledge in this area... Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. It would help greatly if you could post a photo on this page.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Here is a picture of when it was at the worst.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. And this time around it's only you and not your partner or anyone else?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes as far as I am aware it is just me.. do you have any idea what it could be?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
A few more questions first, please. What cream was used for the presumed Scabies?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Lyclear cream was used.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. This definitely looks like scabies but I think it's a particularly nasty one called Norwegian scabies and those are very often resistent to the permethrin you were given. At this point you need a course or ivermectin orally and you need to ask your doctor for that
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** do that asap. do you think I should get my partner to get the oral treatment also? and how would I have gotten this form of scabies? I am a very clean person and I am not sure how I would have gotten this. Thank you so much for your help.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I do think it would be a good idea for everyone to get the ivermectin, yes. As far as how one gets scabies it has to be from someone else but I can't tell you who gave it to you. Let me know how it goes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok thank you so much. Been dealing with this for around 6 months now and would be amazing to finally feel like myself again. I will let you know how it goes. Thank you! :)

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
It can be hellish my friend