Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I keep dropping things, Have a problem with short term memory,

I keep dropping things, Have a problem with short term memory, spelling is a problem, I
losse things on a daily basis
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
Thanks for this question.
To try and piece this together, we need to look at all the symptoms. The fact that you are dropping things indicates weakness. This can be inside or outside the brain.
Short term memory issues and spelling indicates that it is something inside the brain or something body wide.
To me, this constellation of symptoms indicates something inside the brain or something wrong metabolically.
I would start my workup there. If you were my patient, in my office, with these symptoms, I would do the following
1)Get some blood work to screen for overall issues. My focus would be on blood counts, thyroid and metabolic. I would get a complete blood count, thyroid labs and comprehensive metabolic. CBC, TSH and CMP to be specific. That would screen for a variety of problems
I would also get Vitamin D and B12 to be thorough.
2)I would absolutely get an MRI of the brain. Things like early onset Parkinson's disease, early onset dementia and multiple sclerosis can present like this.
So that is what I would do. If all of this is normal then I would look for more benign things like sleep issues, anxiety, depression, etc.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have chronic fatigue syndome and Achalasia, sleep is a problem

could eiher of these diseases be the prblem?

Absolutely. Chronic fatigue was one thought I had. Definitely could be.
However I never just attribute things like that without a good workup
please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am on a lot of medication Amitriptyline 200mg for trating pain, sleep problems. Tramadol, Domperidon, Omeprazol, for helping the problems I have already mentined. Is there anyhing else you would advise me to take - or stp me taking

I think you need to reduce the amitriptyline
50 mg max
That could be causing a lot of issues
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)