Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Last sunday fell down the last three stairs and bounced

Hi last sunday fell down the last three stairs and bounced on the last two on my bottom since then lower part of my back just above were the opening of my bottom begins is very very painful, and I am unable to sit down,and after a week it does not seem be getting any better, I think I have injured my coccyx, would like to hear what you think, and what I can do to ease the pain, thankyou Jackie I am 73 years old
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
Thanks for this question Jackie
You could have fractured your coccyx. That is probably what happened
Unfortunately not much can be done for this.
I would get an xray to be sure that this is what it is
Some things you can do for pain are heating pads, ibuprofen (if you are allowed to take it), paracetamol (very safe), and inflatable cushions.
These can all help.
The good news is that a fractured coccyx is not dangerous.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what i would really like to know is how long it will take to heal,and when will I be able to sit down without pain. thankyou

I hate to be the bearer of bad news here but sometimes it can take months.
I have had patients have pain for 6 months. That is the longest I have seen
Try to take it VERY easy early on and hopefully it will resolve faster
In patients that were very careful I have seen them get better in 2 weeks
I appreciate the good rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)