Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have lower back pain before and after my bowels move. Some

Customer Question

i have lower back pain before and after my bowels move. Some times the stool is thin and pencil shape.I can only eat small amount at a meal other wise i feel full and get the back pain and know i need to have a bowel movement if it is possible
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Have you had a colonoscopy?
When and what findings?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I had a colonoscopy a number of years ago. I have DYDERTICULAS. .I hah a recoile repair done in 2012. I had nothing but pain in my lower back since.the female Dr said that she did one big stick. Could she have sticked to the back wall of my stomack. Or norrowed my colon.

Thank Mary

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
How many years ago was the colonoscopy?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

I see you have relisted the question for other experts to help

you said you had a colonoscopy a number of years ago and you have diverticulosis

and you had a rectocele rectal surgery repair in 2012

rectocele surgery can cause scar tissue in your pelvis which can affect your sacral nerve plexus and cause pain before and after you have bowel movement.

you should see a GI specialist and get another colonscopy to check for scar tissue in your rectum which could be in front of your sacrum

you also need a pelvic CT or better yet a pelvic MRI scan with contrast to look for scar tissue in front of the sacrum which can affect your sacral nerves and cause pain before and after a bowel movement.

you might benefit from a surgery called lysis of adhesions within your abdomen to break up scar tissue deep in your pelvis

the pensil thin stools could be from narrowing of your rectum at the anastamosis where you had your rectocele surgery.

that can be dilated and stretched with a balloon if there is narrowing there.

let me know if you have questions.