Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

A) what is the correct treatment 73yr old male with COPD? )

Customer Question

A) what is the correct treatment for a 73yr old male with COPD?
B) Can, and if so HOW do I get a copy of my medical history held on my GPs computer?
many thanks in advance for your time and trouble!!!
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 2 years ago.
The primary treatment of course is with medications which I am sure your doctor has already prescribed for you.
The second very important part is Pulmonary Rehabilitation exercises. This is a series of exercises meant to strengthen your breathing. You can look this up here:
http://www.mayoclinic.org/pulmonary-rst/pulmrehabprgm.html
You can also try some steps on your own:
Fluids: drink plenty of water.
Humidifier: use a humidifier in your room
Vit. C supplement: 1000 mg Vit. C supplements daily (available OTC).
N- Acetyl Cysteine: this is a supplement available at natural food stores which helps drainage.
Also you cannot have access to your records directly from the computer but you are certainly within your rights to ask for a copy from your GP.
Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.
I trust my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.
Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need.
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Bonus is always welcome - Thank you!
Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dr.P Jyoti; many thanks for your time and trouble..could prove to be very helpful!

Francis Doyle

Hello Francis,
Glad to help.
If the question has been answered to your satisfaction, you need to rate my service positively.
We are paid only when a positive rating is given.
Rating system is the row of faces below - click on a happy face to give a good rating. Bonus is always welcome Thank you.
Dr. P. Jyoti
Hello Francis,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Is there any further information that you need? Please do write if you wanted to know something more.

I did spend quite a lot of time researching your answer since your question was on a rare topic.

Do write back to me if you have any follow up questions,

Dr. P. Jyoti