Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Doctor, I have been feeling lots of numbness in my head

Customer Question

Hi Doctor, I have been feeling lots of numbness in my head and lots of bad back pain , and also left chest pain (sharp pain ) sometimes pain on my left back sholder, suffering for nearly 2 weeks at least . Before that i did have a bowel problems in a few months ago ( bloated stomatch , constipation a lot ) so i have been checked out for that last week , a result will receive end of this week .
I have not been diagnosed anything yet , but i have been in discomfort for all these issues one or another . Can you please kinldy advise when you have a chance ?
Thanks in advance . Kind regards, Wathan
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I am going to assist you with your question. First I need a little more information-
Do you have shortness of breath?
Numbness in left arm?
Which tests have you undergone so far?
Are you suffering from any medical condition or on any medication ?
Are you saying that you have constipation for long time?
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nope , i don't have shortness of breath.

Numbness on my head, can't really identify exactly .

I did have a MRI test on my head 3 years ago - clear

I did have a CT scan on my joint lower my back (was clear) beasue of my bad back pain , have been to a physiotherphist - bad back pain is still not better .

I had a MRI scan of my bowel last week , will recieve a result end of this week. Now again , different problem , left chest pain (still along with bad back pain like before ) and also numbness on my head.

Yes, i did have constipation for like a year (which came and went in past ) now it seems to have gone away . I m not on any medication at the moment , only took ibroprofen when i had any pain . Thanks a lot.

Dear Customer, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I can understand your concern.
Well, such numbness in head could occur with a condition called as
'Scalp Dysesthesia'. This causes abnormal sensations in the scalp
The exact pathology is not known, but it is theorized that it is probably due to some nerve disorder.
Medications used for treating this condition are- Doxepin or Amytriptiline.
You should also take Vitamin B and Vitamin E supplements which are available at all pharmacies. You should also go for regular exercise.
Take healthy and well balanced diet.
Reference- http://archderm.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=188885
Pain in chest and back could occur with - Costochondritis.
It is an inflammation of the cartilage joining ribs to chest bone. It is this inflammation that causes the sharp chest pains inside the chest wall.
Nerve can be compressed due to inflamed cartilage and thereby the pain can be felt in arm too.
Such pain can also be felt in back too.
To treat this condition doctor advise for medications. These are-
-Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like- Motrin, Naproxen ,Aleve.
-Antidepressants, specifically tricyclic antidepressants, are very helpful.
-Muscle relaxants, are also very helpful in such cases.
Such symptoms are not related with heart disease or any other serious issue.
I would recommend that you visit your primary doctor for evaluation and get it managed.
Good luck and take care.
Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.