DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

We are going to Spain week 16th May with my daughter

Hello, We are going to Spain for a week 16th May with my daughter who will be just under 6 months pregnant. We will have a pool but it is not heated although I am trying to get the builder to try and heat it up to 29 celcus. What about swimming in the sea or in a cold pool. I feel very anxious about this and need some advice about swimming in unheated pools. She loves swimming and we swim here in a local swimming club but I really am worried about her plunging into cold water. I think the sea might be different as it is salty and a natural water full of minerals and we have a lovely beach nearby. Would the sea be ok and not the Pool. I would be grateful about your thoughts about this.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
As long as the pool is at ambient temperature in warm weather this should not be a problem.
The sea is likely to be colder.
She should not be in extremely cold water, otherwise, swimming isfine.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am attempting to get the builder to raise the temperature so we are working on this on the pool.

Do you think she can have brief dips in the sea. We are going to be in Javea Spain so it will be quite hot but the sea will not be heated up like August. She wants to go to the beach and wants to have some dips but the sea will be cold but not cold as in a freezing lake for instance.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Yes.
That should be just fine.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. This has been very helpful.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Anytime
Any questions.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
thanks
I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.