Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

My dad had an APR in jan 2011 ypT2 n0 adenocarcinoma

Customer Question

My dad had an APR in jan 2011 for a ypT2 n0 adenocarcinoma of the lower recutum. In December 2012 he underwent a resection of a metastasis in the left lung. He has had the follow up scans. Full scan in December 2013 showed a dot on right lung. Last April he had CT chest with contrast and it had gone. At present he has a bad chest and losing weight. The Guernsey Medical Specialists will not help as follow up scan is set for six months and will not change it. Please help. Kind regards Craig
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

I am a cancer doctor

I am sorry about your fathers metastatic rectal cancer.

after his surgery of a met in 2012, he should have received chemotherapy since there was evidence that his rectal cancer had spread to his lungs.

if he is loosing weight, he should get a new CT scan of this chest abdome and pelvis to look for evidence of new metastasis and spread of his rectal cancer.

he might need to go on chemotherapy now to try to slow down the spread of his rectal cancer.

he needs to see a medical oncologist at the medical specialist group

and that needs to be the main doctor for him.

he has a history of metastatic cancer and he should be seen by a medical oncologist

let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear Doctor David, thank you for your swift reply. He has been referred to an oncologist for a full CT scan via a Gp consultation. This is one of the draw backs of living on a small Island with a bad health care infrastructure. Many thanks for your advise. Kind regards Craig
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
thanks for your prior positive feedback

best of luck to you and your father

thanks for using JustAnswer.com