Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Dear octor. My husband went to see his doctor regarding a

Dear octor.
My husband went to see his doctor regarding a frozen shoulder and also had a prostate blood test. He has now received two Appointment Request papers, one for some Physiotherapy for his shoulder, as we expected, but we do not know what the other one is for except that the hospitals are for Gastroenterology. Would this be anything to do with prostate? We have not had any results from our surgery and we are anxious to know what this appointment would be for. Naturally I will call the doctor tomorrow, if I can, but having just read this we are anxious.
I am so sorry to bother you but if you might be able to some idea we would be most grateful.
Drusilla Thomas
Ascot Berkshire
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Has he been having any problems like heartburn, indigestion, abdominal pain, or changes in his bowel movements? When did he last have a colonoscopy?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Since you haven't come back I'll go ahead and answer and we can continue after this if you'd like

This could just be a referral for a screening colonoscopy if he hasn't had one in the last few years. It would have nothing to do with any prostate problem. But if he did have any problems with the areas I asked about it would be for evaluation of those