DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I USED TO GET SOMETIMES CRAMP IN BOTH LEGS CALFS, BUT SINCE

Customer Question

I USED TO GET SOMETIMES CRAMP IN BOTH LEGS CALFS, BUT SINCE MY DOCTOR PRESCRIBED QUININE SULPHATE 300mg, IT NOW RARELY HAPPENS. However , recently I am getting pain in my right calf when I walk, after a few minutes, and I need to rest before walking on. What is the cause of this, and what can be done about it.Iam a 73 year old male
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
It can be a circulation problem.
This is classic, pain while walking.
You need an ultrasound of the legs to see if there is occlusion of the arteries.
If so, walking through the pain, possibly a platelet medication, these would be the first approaches if not to severe.
Otherwise surgery.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.