Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I had a stroke one year ago which affected my left side physically.

I had a stroke one year ago which affected my left side physically. The last eight months I have suffered from piriformas syndrome (left side). Stretching alone doesn't fix it, massage also doesn't fix it. Do I need to strengthen the piriformas? I cannot find anybody that knows the answers. My problem is more foot related (pain when walking after sitting) than butt related (only discomfort)
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Hi. There's more to the therapy than merely strengthening and stretching the piriformis. And Botox and cortisone injections can also help.

I suggest you get a referral to a physiatrist--a physical medicine and rehabilitation MD specialist for hands-on treatment that should be very effective for you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I live in the UK, I will try and persuade my NHS doctor to refer me
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you Chris