Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I had a stroke one year ago which affected my left side physically.

I had a stroke one year ago which affected my left side physically. The last eight months I have suffered from piriformas syndrome (left side). Stretching alone doesn't fix it, massage also doesn't fix it. Do I need to strengthen the piriformas? I cannot find anybody that knows the answers. My problem is more foot related (pain when walking after sitting) than butt related (only discomfort)

Hi. There's more to the therapy than merely strengthening and stretching the piriformis. And Botox and cortisone injections can also help.

I suggest you get a referral to a physiatrist--a physical medicine and rehabilitation MD specialist for hands-on treatment that should be very effective for you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I live in the UK, I will try and persuade my NHS doctor to refer me
Let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you Chris