Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have pins needles and numbness of 2 fingers and the palm

I have pins needles and numbness of 2 fingers and the palm of my hand. Ive had this for 3 days and it does not seem to be getting any better. The fingers are slightly curled too - what can it be and when will the feeling retune??
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

I am sorry you are having these symptoms

your two finger numbness and pins and needles could be due to carpel tunnel syndrome where you have increased pressure in your wrist from overuse or tendonitis in your wrist and this can put pressure on the median or ulner nerves which travel down your arm and into your hand

if you have pressure on these nerves, this can cause numbness, tingling, pins and needles and weakness of your hands.

carpel tunnel syndrome can be serious and you need to ice your wrist and calm down swelling in your wrist.

evelating your arm can help decrease swelling

you need to see a doctor as soon as possible and get your hand evaluated and nerves checked.

the curled fingers could be due to arthritis in your fingers or could be due to contractions of the muscles possibly.

I would work on icing your wrist and elevating your hand and seeing if a wrist brace can help

and seeing your GP doctor right away

you might even need a wrist MRI scan or nerve condution studies to check on your nerves.

do you have a GP doctor you can see?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Your advice is very good. I shall seek out a GP tomorrow as I'm in he UK, and its too late to see a GP.

I will follow your advice and strap the wrist until I can access a GP.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
you are welcome

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com