Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I had a root treatment Monday 20 th April . Tuesday 28th April

I had a root treatment Monday 20 th April . Tuesday 28th April the tooth split in half. Been back to dentist today he removed back half of tooth and said that I need to wait two months and go back and he should then be able to build it up or crown it. Is this usual. Should I go somewhere else for a second opinion. Tooth is rough not sure if part of filling is still attAched. Would be grateful for advice.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.
No, the dentist should have built it up in the first instance when he took out the back half, however, in the presence of an infection or inflammation, the dentist prescribes an antibiotic and an anti inflammatory for a week and thereafter calls you back to build it up. Once the tooth has been built on a frame, the dentist can order a crown. The crown can be fit as soon as it is constructed by the technician which can take from 3 to 5 days. So, waiting for 3 months is not called for.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
Best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you I have tried 6 or 7 other local dentists but they are not taking nhs patients for at least a month any ideas what I should do. I am thinking oh going private any idea how much it would cost

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.

It should cost you around £400 to £500 for the post, core and the crown depending on the practitioner's fee list and his/her preferences, some charge an initial assessment fee around £30 to £50 as well. If it sounds expensive then you can wait for the NHS.

Best.