Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Can I eat half a grapefruit in the morning if I am on 10mg

Customer Question

Can I eat half a grapefruit in the morning if I am on 10mg ezetrol and 5mg Crestor - taken in the evening
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I am going to assist you with your question. First I need a little more information-
Well, Crestor does not appear to interact as negatively as other statins.
Yes, Crestor and grapefruit can be take together. It would not have any negative interaction.
Ezetrol contains Ezetimibe.
Eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice with it may increase the amount of ezetimibe/simvastatin in your blood, which may increase your risk of serious side effects.
One should avoid large amounts of grapefruit or grapefruit juice (eg. more than 1 quart daily). Yes, you can eat half a grapefruit in morning.
But you should firstly, discuss this issue with your doctor.
I hope this helps.
Good luck and take care.
Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.