Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Is weight loss of 5 kg severe in a ottos undefgoing chemot

Customer Question

Is weight loss of 5 kg severe in a ottos undefgoing chemotherapy?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Can you please elaborate your question a little more?What do you mean when you say ottos?Please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry pt had second round of oxyplatin and raltitrexed . Lost 5 kg in 5.5 weeks and severe appetite issyes and fatigue . We are worried . Is this chemo

related ?

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information.Yes indeed, these are side effects of the chemotherapy.Appetite issues and fatigue are very common side effects of the chemotherapy that has be instituted in his case.Let me know if you have more questions.I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options below.Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

But he's not able to eat hardly nothing he Hates looking at food . Can this b cancer progression

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Yes this could be cancer progression or side effects of chemo or both combined.I would appreciate it if you rate me before we proceed.Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well his cea was 65 just beofre start of chemotherpay . After 1 round in 3 weeks it jumped to 80.

His ALP was 75 and Again after 1 round went to 175 does this mean chemo not working ?

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
The rising CEA certainly does indicate that the chemotherapy is not working.I would appreciate it if you would accept the additional services offer for me to continue helping you out.Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is tace a better option

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Can you please accept the additional services offer before we proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok