Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

What is Ferratin ?

Customer Question

What is Ferratin ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. We can continue after this if you have more questions but ferritin is an iron storing protein in the blood. Low ferritin levels usually mean an iron deficiency and we often see that in iron deficiency anemia
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have no defficiency but a feritin level of 9?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

That's a little on the low side but if your iron stores are normal then it just needs to be followed. By the way, you still haven't rated my previous answer for you.

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/92jwa-fever-37-5-high-patient-chemotherpay.html

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't have low hb can it b diet related ?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
It means that you need more iron, either in your diet with green veggies and red meat, or you need oral iron supplementation. Sorry to have to remind you, but you're expected to rate service from time to time