Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have a couple of small pimples/abscess between the head of

i have a couple of small pimples/abscess between the head of the penis and the edge of the foreskin over the center nerve.
When it is pressed or peeled it is painful.
I have had a course of antibiotics and put on some anti allergic cream. I've also washed it in salt..which caused burning/stinging sensation.
What kind of treatment? What kind of doctor to see?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.
These can be small fordyce spots, warts, infected sebaceous glands or an infection (fungal or bacterial). The best course of action will be to see a Dermatologist. Since, these are discharging and weeping, these need to be examined thoroughly and a swab should be sent from them for culture and sensitivity. An STD screen is also warranted here. The swab will ascertain what if any pathogen is causing the pimples (bacterial or fungal) and it will also pin point the exact antibiotic or anti fungal to be used.
I would suggest that you do not apply anti allergic cream on this area, and to apply topical antibiotic like Bacitracin twice a day for now until you can get in to see your Dermatologist.
Let me know if you have further concerns about this.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
Best wishes.