Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Had protected sex with . while pulling condom

Hi. Had protected sex with prostitute. while pulling condom out vaginal fluid touched my cut finger. Are any danger for hiv. Do i need to get tested for hiv. Only had sex once with prostitute.
thanks
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.
There are too many variables here, but the incidence of HIV transmission with such a trivial contact is very rare however, there is theoretical risk of transmission, the best course of action is always to get tested at the 3 month mark, this will allay any anxiety and provide peace of mind.
Variables are:
If the cut was fresh i.e., actively bleeding, deep enough and came in contact with enough vaginal fluid and if the prostitute actually had HIV, then the theoretical risk.
Now, if your cut was not fresh, not deep, and came in contact with very little vaginal fluid for a few seconds, then the risk further reduces.
I wouldn't worry about this at this point in time and would advise that you get tested after 3 months.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Dr.

The cut was deep at a angle but the skin was still on top of the cut. It was also not bleeding at the time.It happened as i was pulling the condom of my penis the fluid came in contact with my finger. it only come in contact for a few seconds. What is the changes of getting Hiv from a single protective vaginal intercourse with n prostitute. Do i need to worry.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
With protective intercourse the chances are zero. With the trivial contact you had, the chances are next to zero. But I would still prefer that you have an HIV test done after 3 months for your own peace of mind. That is the only real way to confirm transmission or rule it out. The rest are just assumptions based on scientific knowledge and experience.Please do leave a positive rating for the service.Best.
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Doctor
I have been experiencing itching on my body. Mostly on my face,arms and head. Could it be from the anxiety and guilt i suffered from the incident. Don't see any rashes or any indication of something on my penis. I don't have any other symptoms. I will certainly never do this again. Is there a way of telling if you have picked up any stds. I live in a very remote part of country and is not always able to go to a doctor.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Itching is not a sign of STDs. It is most likely due to stress and anxiety.
STD symptoms are ulcers, discharge from the urethra, pain and burning during urination and increased frequency of urination, fever etc.
So, it is not STDs that you have. Its anxiety.
Best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you doctor.

I will certainly try and put it behind me. It is definitely not worth the risks doing it again. I will certainly (hopefully not soon) use your services again if there is a problem.

Best wishes