Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My skin is a combination skin like having blackheads and black

My skin is a combination skin like having blackheads and black spots on chin and forehead area.i am 22 girl.please help me with face wash and creams.i have to cure it urgently cause my marriage will come near.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.
Blackheads are small bumps that appear on your skin due to clogged hair follicles. form when a clog or plug develops in the opening of hair follicles in your skin. Each follicle contains one hair and a sebaceous gland that produces oil, called sebum, which helps keep your skin soft. Dead skin cells and oils collect in the opening to the skin follicle, producing a bump called a comedone. If the skin over the bump stays closed, the bump is called a whitehead. When the skin over the bump opens, exposure to the air causes it to look black and a blackhead forms.
I can advise some local creams and gels to apply but they will hardly have any effect since they do not work on established black heads and pigmentation and are only good for people who want to avoid black head formation in the first place.
The best course of action at this point will be to see a Dermatologist, who can use chemical peeling and use a special instrument called a round loop extractor to remove the plug causing the blackhead.
Sometimes, for really refractory black heads, microdermabrasion and lasers are very effective and they also help with the pigmentation that you are talking about.
The down time is a few days with this treatment and you will have clear skin before your marriage. If you go the OTC gels and creams way, then this might take a long time and sometimes, when these creams and gels don't agree with the skin of the person, they tend to make things worse rather than doing any good.
Let me know if you have any concerns about this.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
Best wishes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please suggest me some good face wash .for combination skin.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
The best one according to my opinion is:
CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
Use this once a day following a scrub with Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser. These should be very effective with your combination type of skin.
Let me know if you have more queries about this.
Best.