Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

Its a question about my daughter she is 17 she has had a rash

Customer Question

Its a question about my daughter she is 17 she has had a rash for four days now on her chest arms and legs this morning she noticed small bruising on the top of her arm she was diagnosed with itp 6 months ago would this cause the rash she has had we cannot get a doctors appointment untill friday
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 2 years ago.
Hello,Yes this could be because of the ITP.ITP can cause recurrent rashes.THis is all the more likely because she has also had a bruise on her arm.You need to see a doctor ASAP for this. Since your appointment is some days away you should go to the nearest ER. This is something that needs immediate attention in view of the fact that this could be ITP which would require immediate treatment.Take care - be safe and show at the ER ASAP - this may be ITP and she needs to be seen to immediately. Hope this shows you the way forward - wish her good health and a quick recovery.I trust my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Bonus is always welcome - Thank you!Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Is there any further information that you need? Please do write if you wanted to know something more.

I did spend quite a lot of time researching your answer since your question was on a rare topic.

If the question has been answered to your satisfaction, you need to rate my service positively.
We are paid only when a positive rating is given.

Do write back to me if you have any follow up questions,

Dr. P. Jyoti